Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

So it's been four days now and my cold has gone from an occasional sneeze to sleeping for fifteen hours and still waking up tired. I can't breathe, food has no taste, loud noises cause a constant migraine (which thanks to every Taxi driver and New Jersey driver makes silence impossible) and to top it off I'm alone. Sure I have my girlfriends, but they are all working and have their own personal lives to tend to. Plus, I'm not the most pleasant person to be around when I'm sick.
I pride myself on not needing rescuing, on being a successful and independent woman, but it sure would be nice to have a significant other to make me tea and soup. I am fortunate that pretty much anything can be delivered to my door, but when you wake up in the middle of the night coughing and thinking this might be it and no one is there to help you or offer a glass of water, you start to seriously question what you have been doing that got you here alone and feeling abandoned.
I have a feeling I confused many of you with my blog last week. Why am I still going on and on about McDreamy after I wrote that we broke up. Well stranger things have happened and after a couple days of no talking or texting it seems both our hearts came to the same conclusion that we should give it one more shot. We made some new rules starting with McDreamy will not be returning to write on the blog (at least for now) and I will try my best not to expose too much of our relationship on the blog. We agreed that it was too much too fast. We barely know one another and yet in other ways it feels like we have always been together. The separation has done a number on me and now being sick and alone makes me realize just how different our relationship is from most. Even the kindest and most heartfelt words will never have the same effect as someone physically being by my side and supporting me. But, I have accepted that for the time being this is how things have to be.
Think Days of Our Lives is coming on soon. Haven't watched it in years, but I have a feeling not much has changed.
SP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post a comment. With that in mind, we love comments, even the rude ones and remember whatever you write on here will live on forever.