Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Ex Factor

There are very few people in the world that I call great friends. Even fewer that after a roller coaster year together and a drama filled break up that I can still call an acquaintance let alone a great friend.
So B Money, sitting on your boat in Margaritaville I am so thankful that not only have we remained friends long after our romance died, but there is no awkward pause when we talk now. I could apology for a lifetime about the immature and inappropriate words and pain I caused you, but it's no longer necessary.
We have both learned from our mistakes and moved on. Yet, the world continues to reunite us in the present and while the common ground is the same we have both grown up and accepted each other as is. Some might say you were a rebound and a much-needed change from what I had become accustomed to. I suppose you were and if history is repeating itself you could say J is the newest rebound and glimpse of hope in what seems like a black cloud. Perhaps it was a bit weird to be talking to one ex about another and about the next possible great love. I guess I just felt so comfortable talking to you that I forget how insane my words might have seemed coming from left field. I too was taken a back at first when I realized what was happening. But, it feels right. Maybe one day I'll be proven wrong and maybe one day in the near future I will once again be sitting on your couch laughing at myself for believing such a crazy story. But, if I don't try then I will never know.
I learned a lot not only about myself, but also about life in the year we were together. There were fabulous vacations to France and the Caribbean, jewelry, romance and family values. For a moment I was "the one" and maybe now we would be the ones parting ways and never speaking again.
I hope to see you around these parts more often and I hope you will seriously consider my offer. It's a good life, a freedom you will never experience in the corporate world.
With Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post a comment. With that in mind, we love comments, even the rude ones and remember whatever you write on here will live on forever.